Tuesday, April 21, 2020

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Here's an update from a new tracking website I've found. The data is U.S. only and was updated on the 20th.


I've plotted the daily (left axis) and cumulative (right axis) death rates against the HealthData.org projections I've used before. As I've surmised earlier, the deaths are tailing off, looking to fall very close to HealthData's lower bound projection. You will note the data variability from 12-15 April, which (I still believe) is a result of New York and other Democrat-controlled states in the northeast massaging the data.

The Coronavirus Dashboard appears to be back up after a week or so hiatus. I may return to using it since its presentation of data has been easier to summarize, but I want to watch it for a few more days and I'll have to change my charts to accomodate the changes it made with the addition of testing data.

No comments:

Post a Comment