Tuesday, April 21, 2020

WUHAN FLU [CORONAVIRUS] UPDATE for April 21, 2020: Here's a second update from the new Covid Tracking website I found yesterday.


The cumulative deaths curve (right axis) is trending further down, which is good, but there was a sharp increase in deaths today (left axis). Yet the overall trend line is still moving downward toward the HealthData.org's lower bound projection. It's unclear why the sharp bump, but it's most likely just a clustering of reports and tomorrow's reports will show a sharp decline to even things out.

The Coronavirus dashboard website appears to be functioning again, and is showing similar results to those seen here. It is a bit more pessimistic regarding deaths, but that is probably a result of it updating much more frequently -- the trend lines remain in sync.

One thing of note is that I have revised my procedure used to estimate total cases: instead of using the old CDC 80% rule, I'm now using a '55' rule from the California study that suggested that the coronavirus infection rate was 50-85 times higher than the number of cases reported. If those study results are reasonably accurate -- and I believe they are, based on the accumulated evidence I've seen -- then roughly 45 million (14% of) Americans have been infected and survived, and about 86% have not been infected. [Note: something I should have noted much earlier in my posts on coronavirus -- not being infected does not mean not having been exposed.]

No comments:

Post a Comment