Monday, October 29, 2012

(BUMPED)

HURRICANE SANDY has finally made her presence known at my house about 8:30 this evening. The rain has increased from none to mist; and the winds from calm to perceptible. I sense a bit of frustration on the part of the media and weather forecasters as neither Sandy or the local citizens are living up to their hysterical pre-disaster hype.

UPDATE (1:OO AM Monday). Light rain; no wind; disaster still imminent. Late night TV terrible.

UPDATE 2(8:00 AM Monday). Light rain continues, 1 inch accumulation; light wind; vicious leaf assault continues.

UPDATE 3 (2:00 PM Monday). The rain is still light but steady (2-1/2 inch accumulation); winds are steady at about 30 mph with gusts into the 50 mph range. No local power outages that I've heard about.

There's no TV to watch that doesn't have constant interruptions about the hurricane and the imminent danger to 50 now 60 million Americans.

The worst part is having to watch now-Safety-Nanny-in-Chief Obama warn me that if I open my door I'll be endangering one of the thousands of first responders already out prowling the streets in search of someone to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment