Wednesday, September 09, 2009

SARAH PALIN'S 'DEATH PANELS'

"[Liberals] couldn’t believe that Sarah Palin was capable of something as canny as that deadly 'death panels' phrase. They couldn’t see that it was a metaphoric shorthand for something real."

Astonishingly to me, Rosenblum, a liberal himself, figured it out.

In the comments to Rosenblum's post, "Class Clown" correctly observed:

The real reason that the “death panels” struck so deep is that a whole lot of us are really uncomfortable with how flippant the Left has become about human life. .... They may not sit on any “death panels”, but they sure bring a scary perspective to the debate. If I had to have my family’s fate decided by Peter Singer and Dr. Emmanuel, I’d rather take my chances with an insurance company.

Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer provides the reasoned view, which is obvious to anyone who has at least a passing acquaintance with unintended consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment