Wednesday, September 09, 2009

OBAMACARE AND TORT REFORM

Former governor Sarah Palin strikes again:


As Governor of Alaska, I learned a little bit about being a target for frivolous suits and complaints (Please, do I really need to footnote that?). I went my whole life without needing a lawyer on speed-dial, but all that changes when you become a target for opportunists and people with no scruples. Our nation’s health care providers have been the targets of similar opportunists for years, and they too have found themselves subjected to false, frivolous, and baseless claims.

Simple. Elegant. Right.

President Barack Obama waffles:


[I]t will be hard to make some of these changes if doctors feel like they're constantly looking over their shoulders for fear of lawsuits, ... but ... "I'm not advocating caps on malpractice awards, which I personally believe can be unfair to people who've been wrongfully harmed.

Confusing. Inarticulate. Wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment