Sunday, October 13, 2024

FROM THE WAYBACK MACHINE, SOME THOUGHTS on electronic health records and privacy.

I originally wrote that post on January 13, 2010 and in the last 14 years have been proven right on every single assertion. My health records have been compromised/hacked, most recently in January and February of this year and I have had spam emails in my inbox within hours (hell, minutes) of leaving my doctor's office. On my streaming television service over 60% of the advertisements -- and there lots of them -- are directed at senior health services.

In that earlier post, I wrote that "electronic health records are about control - not care." In that statement I was a bit off; I should have written 'government health care' in place of 'electronic health records' in the certainty that some progressive politician (Kamala?) would resurrect that Bernie Sanders nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment