Sunday, April 14, 2024

FINALLY SPRING, WEEK 6: Finally we're beginning to get somewhere. Not much difference in the pond view this week,
but there are buds beginning to show in the upper reaches of the deciduous trees. I expect some green by next week if the warming trend continues.
The same changes are evident in the fire pit view. The taller reaches of the trees are a bit 'fuzzy' this week, indicating that they are beginning to wake.
Looking down the street, the trees are beginning to bud out (there goes my 100% Starlink connection, I fear).
I braved the elements (sunny skies, no wind) today and Tuxedo and I walked down to the pond. Here are two pictures (neither including Tux) taken from opposite ends of the pond.
Note in both that the deciduous trees are still mostly bare, the pines happily basking in what little sun gets down there.
And finally, the 'bent tree'. This picture was taken at Meeks Park in Blairsville this morning. I have no idea what must have happened to cause that shape, but the tree survived and is growing happily.

Until next week, then....

No comments:

Post a Comment