Sunday, September 13, 2020

FALLING LEAVES, 2020: Week One. This week starts my annual series of 'leaf watching' as winter approaches. Here are some photos from today. First, my standard 'from the deck' view:
Here are several from around the pond. We've had a lot of rain this year, so the vegetation is quite thick.
And finally a couple from around the house. You can see from the first picture where I was able to clear the vegetation last year -- surprisingly it remained fairly clear.
This last picture is looking down the (steep!) hill from the lower terrace. The undergrowth is ridiculously thick, and it's far too steep to clear using a brush cutter so this year I'm going to try chemical means. There's actually a very pretty creek down there below the pond dam and I'd kinda like to see it.
More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment