Monday, October 12, 2015

9/11: WHAT A DIFFERENCE a day makes. Scroll up and down using the links at the top of the Instapundit post for more reflections.

This post is well beyond its usual 'expiration date' but I've been thinking about this for several weeks now. At 9:30 am on 9/11/2001, I was unaware, unalert, unarmed, and worry-free as I arrived at work. At 9:30 am on 9/11/2015 I was aware, alert, armed, and worried as I was taking my wife to the airport.

Back in 2001, I owned no weapons and had no thought of acquiring them. Today I have a concealed carry permit, multiple weapons, and I practice using them regularly.

What the hell has happened over the past 14 years? My guess: thirty-plus years of the progressives' rainbow-and-unicorn 'reality world' policies have finally come home to roost.

With respect to foreign policy, thirty years of pacifistic 'enemies-are-just-friends-we-haven't-met-yet' and 'all-cultures-are-equal' bullshit have landed us with a President who leads nannies from behind as the wolves roam unhindered.

On the domestic front, the same thirty years of progressive political correctness have given us a society where only self-appointed victims and their enablers have rights, ordinary citizens are constantly hectored by the tenets of political correctness, and Christians, conservatives, and old white men are summarily defined as 'evil'.

Progressives' bodies may exist in this world, but their minds (presuming they have such; I'm giving the benefit of doubt here) are in dreamland. It's time to move them to the childrens' table, where they can be told to sit down, shut up, and (hopefully) learn from their elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment