Thursday, May 03, 2012

RANDOM THOUGHTS from the retirement lane. On spreading the wealth around.

It has been the mantra of the Obama administration for over 3 years that government is needed to 'spread the wealth' from the richest 1% to those who really need it (Solyndra, etc.).

So I've been thinking -- over the past three months, I've been having some major renovation done on my house, and I believe I've been much more successful than Obama in spreading the wealth. As a result of my efforts, my contractor is wealthier, his subcontractors are wealthier, the tile vendor is wealthier, the kitchen appliance manufacturer is wealthier, the bathroom and kitchen fixture manufacturers are wealthier, the siding manufacturer is wealthier, and I'm wealthier.

I did it in just 3 months. And I'm not one of the 1%.

No comments:

Post a Comment