Friday, December 09, 2011

TANKING -- Obama's economy. The numbers in the PJ Tatler post seemed a bit off to me, as I've been tracking my retirement accounts for well over 10 years, using the DJIA index as my metric. So I checked myself, using as my metric as the percentage increase/decrease in the index from the first trading day of the year in question to the first trading day in the following year. Here are the results, compared to the Club for Growth study quoted in the PJ Tatler link:


My numbers, computed as the percentage change from the first trading day of the year in question to the first trading day of the following year, are clearly different from the Club for Growth numbers, but the conclusion remains the same: President Obama's third-year economy is clearly the worst since 1971.

No comments:

Post a Comment