Saturday, September 24, 2011

OUT OF EVERY DOLLAR I EARN, how much do I deserve to keep? According to Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL): "... you don’t deserve to keep all of it. It’s not a question of deserving, ..."

I've taken the quote slightly out of context, since clearly some taxes must be paid to use for those things only a collective (government) can provide. Here is the real question, as posed -- and answered -- by Tina Korbe:
Why don’t liberals think they deserve to keep more of their money than they do? The first part of Hensley’s question reveals the answer. He didn’t ask, “Of every dollar I possess, how much do I deserve to keep?” He asked, “Of every dollar that I earn, how much do I deserve to keep?” For there are many means by which we come by property and not all of them involve earning. But what we earn, we are much more loathe to part with stupidly. That might explain why earners don’t exactly want to hand their hard-earned cash to a government that has proved itself, time and again, to be horribly irresponsible with tax dollars.
Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment