Saturday, May 15, 2010

NOW WE KNOW WHY the stimulus money is being spent so slowly: it takes 5 months to hire one government worker. John Derbyshire comments on this part of the news article:

For the first time in history, applicants will be able to submit résumés and cover letters and will not be required to complete knowledge skills and ability essays.
“Down with knowledge, skills, and ability! No need for that stuff in the federal workforce!”

I must have worked for the government before history began (1968 actually) since all I filled out was the 4-page SF-171. But in 1968 I was a new college graduate – it was obvious I had no knowledge, skills, or ability - and then, as now, there was “no need for that stuff in the federal workforce.”

I lasted 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment