Friday, May 14, 2010

NEWSWEEK: technology is rotting our brains.

We have more information than ever before. We're never away from it. The air around us fairly hums with it... And yet I can't shake the sense that we are all becoming stupider and stupider—and that we are, on average, less well informed today than we were a generation ago.
Translation: You boobs out there aren’t reading Newsweak ... er, Newsweek.

We're not thinking. We're processing.... We're digitally dithering, clicking on links and swimming through a torrent of useless garbage being thrown at us by idiots and self-promoters, pundits and PR flacks and marketing people.
Translation: gratuitous insult alert.

[I]n the midst of all this, Glenn Beck has become an influential television commentator, and Sarah Palin is a credible candidate for president in 2012. You think this is a coincidence?
Gratuitous insult arrival. Funny you should bring that up ... remember your snide comment about “swimming through a torrent of useless garbage”? It’s name is Newsweek.

No way. What's happening is this ... we've become a nation of Internet-powered imbeciles....
Speak for yourself.

Sadly, I don't see that changing any time soon. If anything, I imagine it will get worse.
For you, yes. And remember to ask me if I want fries with my hamburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment