Thursday, April 22, 2010

CHANNEL SURFING THE OTHER NIGHT, I happened to catch a brief ‘Great American Panel’ segment on Sean Hannity’s show in which the Democrat spinmiester expressed amazement that the Tea Partiers would want to cut taxes. “Don’t they know those taxes pay for the police protection at their protests?” I had to laugh, since at the March 20th protest on the Capitol steps (roughly 30,000 protestors) I sat for an extended time next to the single Capitol police officer within 200 yards: he was bored.

Later that same day, I walked past the anti-war rally at Lafayette Park next to the White House. The rally was already winding down; there were fewer than 200 protestors still in attendance - and I counted no fewer than 30 park police and Secret Service agents forming a bicycle barrier between the protestors and the White House fence.

The lady (spinmiester) doth protest too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment