Sunday, February 21, 2010

AMERICA’S NEXT GREAT PUNDIT misses again.

As a parent of school-age children, I can join the amen chorus when Obama calls for more nutritious school meals, comprehensible food labels, helpful tips from pediatricians and changing the 1950s-era presidential physical fitness standards.
Young Mr. Huffman might not realize it, but it was his side, the progressive left, that in the 60’s lobbied to remove PE requirements from high schools and colleges; imposed building codes on kid’s tree houses and backyard forts; removed trampolines and jungle gyms (and dodge balls!) from schools; discouraged pick-up ball games in the vacant lot down the street; and on and on....

As a parent of a school-age child, why doesn’t Mr. Huffman get personally involved:

Make his child’s own school lunches (after reading the nutrition labels); my mother did.

Act on his own pediatrician's advice; I did for my kids.

And – say – walk his child to school; my daughter-in-law does for my granddaughter.
It’s Mr. Huffman’s responsibility to take care of his own – not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment