Monday, October 19, 2009

GIVE ME A CHOICE

At present, I don't have a choice - at 65, I have to sign up for Medicare if I want to receive Social Security benefits, even if I have excellent coverage on my wife's plan. No Medicare, no Social security.

But that may be changing.

Seniors who want to collect their Social Security benefits and opt out of Medicare won a court victory recently that hopefully will pave the way for them to be able to do just that.

U.S. District Court Judge Rosemary M. Collyer denied a motion to dismiss the plaintiffs claim [that] the federal government has no right to force them into Medicare while holding their hard-earned Social Security benefits hostage.
If Ross Perot - and I - want to pay for our own health care, shouldn't we be allowed to?

No comments:

Post a Comment