Thursday, September 17, 2009

TWELVE STEPS TO SANITY

From an email that has been circulating recently. I’ve edited it for brevity.

“I no longer feel any political party or representative in Washington represents my views or works to pursue the issues important to me.”

One, illegal immigration. [S]top coddling illegal immigrants and secure our borders.

Two, the TARP bill. Freeze, repeal.

Three, Czars. Fire the czars.

Four, cap and trade. The debate on global warming is not over.

Five, universal healthcare. Slow down. Don't you dare try to pass this in the middle of the night.

Six, growing government control. Shrink it down. I want less government, not more.

Seven, ACORN. I want them investigated.

Eight, redistribution of wealth. No, no, no. I work for my money. It is mine.

Nine, charitable contributions. Charity belongs in our local communities. Butt out.

Ten, corporate bailouts. Knock it off. [Let them} sink or swim like the rest of us.

Eleven, transparency and accountability. How about it? [G]ive the buzzwords a rest and have some straight honest talk.

Twelve, unprecedented quick spending. Stop it now.


“Democrat, Republican, independent, libertarian. Understand this. We don't care. We are going to fire all of you who abuse power and seek more. It is not your power. It is ours and we want it back..”

Well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment