Friday, July 03, 2009

FROM THE “I WISH I HAD MY CAMERA” DEPARTMENT

Leaving my office last week, I walked through the parking garage past the stairwell leading to the other garage levels and saw something I hadn’t noticed before: the stairwell landing has a skidproof wheelchair ramp leading up to the stairwell (there arefour stairwells; each has a wheelchair ramp on the landing of each garage-level floor; none has anything beyond a stair).

Going down, at least, it may be a bumpy ride, but it’ll be a smooth exit (if you make the turn at the landing).

And then driving home, one of the little Smart Cars passed me on the freeway – with a wind-up key on the back hatch! Here’s a photo I found on the internet.



I wonder how many turns of the key it takes to go 30 miles ....

No comments:

Post a Comment