Tuesday, May 12, 2009

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

“Montgomery County dropped a $55,000 contribution to Food & Friends because council members say the charity's executive director makes too much money ... Craig Shniderman makes $380,000 a year.”

Two thoughts: (1) This “charity” takes in just under $8 million a year. How many businesses do you know whose “chief executive officers” take in salary just under 5% of the gross? (2) Montgomery County has been whining about a $297 million dollar budget deficit and yet they were going to spend taxpayers’ dollars on this?

Tell me again why more government is better.

3 comments:

  1. They were going to make a government donation to charity?

    Somebody stop the country, I want to get off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like a donation to corruption, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh. What's it say that even in the modern environment I still didn't think of that?

    Answer: That I'm a Conservative. It's especially funny because I'm constantly trying to explain the liberal mindset to my parents.

    (Meaning not that they're all corrupt, but I'm sure you follow me, and I won't have to do a classic "What I meant was" internet dance).

    ReplyDelete