Thursday, March 05, 2009

ANKLE-BITING DEMOCRATS

From The Fix in the Washington Post.

"Rush is the bloated face and drug-addled voice of the Republican Party," said Paul Begala, a longtime Democratic strategist who rose to prominence during Bill Clinton's presidency. "Along with lots of others, I intend to continue to turn up the heat until every alleged Republican either endorses or renounces Rush's statement that he hopes our President fails."

Read what Limbaugh actually said:

This notion that I want the President to fail, folks, this shows you a sign of the problem we've got. That's nothing more than common sense and to not be able to say it, why in the world do I want what we just described, rampant government growth indebtedness, wealth that's not even being created yet that is being spent, what is in this? What possibly is in this that anybody of us wants to succeed?

So what is so strange about being honest to say that I want Barack Obama to fail if his mission is to restructure and reform this country so that capitalism and individual liberty are not its foundation? Why would I want that to succeed?

I was under the impression that the Democrats were the ones who were sophisticated and nuanced [And you believed them? – Ed. C’mon, Shadow, let it be.] but they seem to have trouble understanding the difference between wanting Obama to fail and wanting Obama’s agenda to fail.

On this one, I’m with Rush Limbaugh. I hope ... no, pray ... that President Obama fails to push his agenda through Congress.

The full text of Limbaugh’s CPAC address is here.

I AM AN AMERICAN. I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY LIBERTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment