Sunday, August 27, 2006

WORLD’S BIGGEST JERK – CHICAGO DIVISION

My wife and I were having a quiet breakfast in a Chicago diner ... until we were rudely interrupted by the entrance of Chicago’s candidate for the World’s Biggest Jerk. Daisy won’t let me use the language I’d ordinarily use to describe his behavior, so I’ll have to limit myself to describing him as huge – as in barely able to wedge himself into the booth, unkempt, loud, arrogant, self-centered, demanding, and viciously rude.

Ordinarily I’d blow him off as just another jack-, um, jerk, until I overheard (as if I could have avoided it) him boast of being on welfare and only use cabs for transportation. No buses for him – too slow, too inconvenient. Never mind that the (employed) person he was meeting was taking the bus.

That did it for me. Here’s a man on welfare, too “important” to take a bus, willing to embarrass his companion into paying for his meal, demanding more than was on the menu, constantly complaining, viciously rude to the waitress, and I’m picking up the tab with my taxes.

What’s wrong with this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment