Saturday, June 07, 2014

I CHECKED MY PRIVILEGE, and it’s doing just fine thank-you-very-much. Now get your sorry ass to work and earn some 'privilege' for yourself.

Equally offensive, to me at least, is the "now it's time to give back" trope. based at least in part on Obama's "at some point you've earned enough" bull... nonsense. I'm the earner; I'm the one who gets to decide how much is enough, and whether or not to part with some of my earnings.

I do find it at least somewhat amusing that those who believe that "at some point I've earned enough" are several rungs above me on the ladder of success and busily lopping off the steps beneath them while those who want me to 'give back' are at the bottom of the ladder not willing to take the first step up.

Here's the article in the Princeton Tory that started this discussion. And here's more from a liberal who shows at least a glimmer of realism in her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment