Monday, September 16, 2019

FALLING LEAVES, EPISODE I: As usual, I'm a day late and dollar short. I had intended to start my annual Fall series on Sunday (yesterday), and - as usual - fallen short. This year, though, I'm going to change things a bit. The first picture will be the more-or-less-usual view of the pond from around the house, although I'm not going to limit myself to the view from the deck. Here's the 'usual' taken from the back deck, but looking a little bit more to the north end of the pond:


I may add other pictures, but in no specific number or location. For a start, here are two more. This first one is looking at the house from the southwest corner of our lot. The road 'tunnel' that is the entry to our neighborhood is to the left. In summer, the trees completely overarch the road.


Even in full winter, there will still be plenty of cover, since deciduous trees are in the minority along the road. Finally, here's a view of the landscape taken from down on the pond dam.


The trees along the dam itself are actually beginning to change color before they fall. In the rest of the neighborhood we're seeing plenty of fallen leaves but no color. It's as if they all wait until dark, turn brown, then fall. The next morning looks as green as ever, just with a new coating of fallen leaves where you don't want them.

Last year's Fall leaves series begins here if anyone wishes to follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment