Tuesday, May 11, 2010

IT’S THE ARROGANCE, STUPID. Why did Newsweek fail? "For the same reason any species goes extinct; the environment changed and it couldn’t adapt."

“It’s value lies, or used to lie, in being ‘something informed people read’.”

I think that’s almost correct. I had the misfortune of perusing a recent Newsweek at the doctor’s office last week (there was nothing else to read). It was a morass of liberal arrogance weakly disguised as “news.” A waste of time now that I can get my news elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I recommend taking a paperback book to the doctor's office (or any other waiting room situation). It is a calming influence and a better use of one's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife was smart; she did. I was dumb; I didn't.

    Next time I'll learn.

    ReplyDelete