Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NO BIAS HERE, JUST MOVE ON

Hey, robots, use your brain instead of blindly protesting

I don't blame the folks at Fox News for being the promotional engine behind the Tax Day Tea Party protests today.

Fox has been laughable for years, and this is just another low-level stunt for ratings.

So Fox doesn't surprise me. But what does surprise me are the robotic, non-thinking lemmings who will still take their marching orders from Fox, and other stations' hosts.

What still surprises me – to the extent anything in the “mainstream” media can surprise me – is the extent to which “journalists” can’t perform even a simple Google search. If this Gary Stein had done so, he might have discovered that the first tax protest occurred before Rick Santelli’s (of CNBC, not Fox)famous tea party rant.

Fox News may be jumping on,but they certainly aren't leading the bandwagon.

And Gary Stein is going to be thrown under it.

via Don Surber.

3 comments:

  1. Still, Fox News is more biased towards Conservatives... or is that the correct word? Is it really bias if you understand your viewpoint, but still take time to present the other one?

    I don't know, I get most of my news from blogs and expect the person telling me the news to have an opinion of some sort. Isn't false objectivity more of a liberal fantasy than a good news practice? Or am I viewing thing through too young of eyes here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't object to bias - liberal or conservative - when it's clearly labeled as editorial or commentary. Hell, I'm clearly biased in everything I write here.

    But this isn't news ...

    Where I see red is when I read a news story, or listen to a newscast, and find the facts "spun" toward a particular viewpoint. Fox, at least, appears to appreciate the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. That's definitely the most damaging kind of bias. "We'll just ignore these facts since they don't fit our vision." The Jon Stewart view of news.

    ReplyDelete