Thursday, July 16, 2009

CALL ME SNOTTY ... ER, SENATOR

California Democrat US Senator Boxer scolds Army Brigadier General Michael Walsh for calling her ma’am:

Do me a favor ... Could say senator instead of Ma'am. It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, thank you.



The video clip is here.

I've had the same thing happen to me when I worked for a defense contractor.

"A point of personal perogative, Mr. Hankamer, but my title is Dr. A__."

This from a Government lab manager during a briefing (and never mind the fact that he knew from my business card that I also have an earned PhD).

In Sen. Boxer's case, it's not just the generic snottiness of (many of) our government employees - it's the abysmal ignorance of standard military protocol (from a United States Senator, for God's sake) and the complete lack of common courtesy.

The hostility of the Left to the military is palpable.

1 comment:

  1. She worked hard for her station, something that certainly can't be said for anyone in the Military.

    Sure you can dodge bullets, but can you shake a hand?

    The whole thing is despicable.

    ReplyDelete