Tuesday, January 06, 2015

THERE’S A GUN IN MY HOUSE: And I'm strangely okay with it. The Ruger LC-9 is a fine weapon; it is in fact my carry weapon. But for a newbie, I think she'd be better with a Ruger SR-22. To be sure, it has less stopping power than the 9mm, but as the salesman told me when I bought my wife's SR-22, "The size of the hole in the end of the barrel looks pretty large when it's pointed at you."

Now from the comments, a caution:
There are four rules of gun safety and you have only quoted two of them. Here are the four rules:
(1) Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
(2) Do not point a gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy.
(3) Know you target and whats beyond it. This is really important to know because you could miss your intended target.
(4) Keep you [sic] finger off the trigger until rule #3 has been satisfied.
I personally add a fifth rule: If you carry a gun it stays in the holster until you are ready to secure it or have to use it. No show and tell.
I usually combine rules #3 and #4: Keep your finger off the trigger until your weapon is pointed at the target and you're ready to fire. And for those who carry, rule #5 is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment