Monday, December 08, 2014

REMEMBER EZEKIEL EMANUEL'S 'Why I Hope to Die at 75' article in the Atlantic magazine last month? It generated significant backlash, especially from PJ Media's Ron Radosh, who was positively scathing.

Instapundit is kinder, merely suggesting that Emmanuel's committment to 'die early' may be the result of the "feeble, ineffectual, and even pathetic" liberals he associates with.

I'm actually somewhat sympathetic to Emmanuel's argument, as I suspect that there comes a time in most lives (who die of 'natural causes') when individuals, having lived their lives fully, become ready for death and don't wish it prolonged unnecessarily.

Where I have problems is that Emmanuel is one of the chief architects of ObamaCare, and his personal philosophy has become infused into a 'healthcare system' -- death panels, anyone? -- I can no longer control.

No comments:

Post a Comment